Basic Introduction to Digital Photography with Hexham based professional photographer David Taylor, due to start later this year, dependant on funding.
To give the students a good understanding of photography and the basic principles of how to create captivating images.
On completing this course students should be able to use a digital camera unaided and be able choose the right composition and think about the image they wish to create.
After the course
Student will have the choice whether they want to continue to do a accredited course either at a variety of colleges or they can expand their own skills and experiment using photography. Local photography clubs are also available. There are opportunities to get out and about with Forward Assist's Neil Tully (budding photographer) to explore our local countryside.
Proposed Course Structure
Six sessions of a four hour duration which will include:
1. Classroom based introduction with a visit to Weetslade Country Park.
2. Coastal photography, Bamburgh Castle or Druridge Bay.
3. Landscape photography, Sycamore Gap (Hadrian's Wall) or Northumberland National Park.
4. Cityscape at night photography, Newcastle Quayside.
5. Rural townscape, Corbridge or Belsay.
6. Select the best photographs of each location and print them out to be displayed in local gallery.
- Learn how to use a digital camera confidently
- Composition – What it means and how to get it
- Subjects and Themes
- How to get the photo’s from camera on to a computer and printed
- Looking at lighting and light effects
For further information contact email@example.com or call 0191 250 4877.